Conquest Space by Mark Branscombe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEVELOPERS DIARY: May 16th, 2016

Go down

DEVELOPERS DIARY: May 16th, 2016 Empty DEVELOPERS DIARY: May 16th, 2016

Post by Solar Mon May 16, 2016 6:33 am

DEVELOPERS DIARY: May 16th, 2016
It’s been a couple weeks and I’m sorry for the delay in the new diary entry. But I had some important things to get done. We finally got everyone on to the new layout and it’s AMAZING! This project is really starting to come together now and everyone is seeing that.
We are now probing black holes for free loot! And no, we’re not harvesting farts! Sorry, I couldn’t help it, I had a flashback of the movie “Paul”.
Anyhow, I digress. Some of the things on the list for this week will be attacking owned resource planets and reinforcing. Attacking owned resource planets is critical. One of the main resource bonuses in this game is the fact that (A) you can own unlimited resource planets [this will hopefully spur many great wars over territory] (B) you get both a planet bonus to personal resource production AND your coalition [aka team] gets a ‘territory bonus’ from each planet all members own and (C) there won’t be enough resource planets for everyone, so pretty soon a new player won’t be able to get any when they start. But this is okay because that’s what a team is for, and you can join a team and they’ll help with resources. There are resource items found in black holes. AND once you get your ships produced you can start attacking owned resource planets yourself. The obvious reason for reinforcing doesn’t need to be explained. But this will be a challenge for sure.
I’m learning new techniques almost every week. So some of the way I do some things may change again to continually make the code more efficient. Anyway, we are only 6 weeks away from my proposed launch date and it seems like there is so much to do yet. I’m hoping I don’t have to push the launch date back any, but if I do, it’ll be so that I can perfect it.
Well, I should get going. I’ll see you in space!!
Solar
Solar
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down